After much work and only a couple hours of sleep, here it is!
Archive for the ‘Blogging’ Category
Just because its buried several days back, here is my rss url again http://feeds.feedburner.com/therealgreek.
Here are my video blogs.
The three videos’ themes revolve around what’s important to me, which is my apartment, my bike and my storytelling skills.
I’ve been having sooooo many issues with this project I started almost a week and a half ago and all my video’s are done but I’ve been having so many issues with size and uploading and I’m sooooooooooooooooo annoyed…It’s hard getting everything done when work gets in the way!
Here is the RSS feed of the vidcast I am proud to submit as my final project.
“Whew, cool.” See you all in class.
After many hours of watching help at freevlog, I think I finally got it. So here’s the url to my blog. I decided to make this sort of a family blog, so it is a video blog of the weddings we’ve had so far in my family. Coincidentally there’s only been 3. My blog is here.
Final Project Wrap-up
We will be discussing the Final Project Assignment. Time lines are critical for successful completion of this project. To go over the process, I will do the whole thing, including posting the feed of the project to iTunes in this final class. Tutorials for most of this process are available at freevlog. All audio and or video formats must be iTunes compatible, as per assignment.
This will be the last chance students will get to work in the lab with my assistance before the final. Wise use of this time is advised.
Due This Day:
There are no deliverables due this day. But at this point you should just be wrapping up this project. To be sure your project is appropriate check the Final Project Assignment. Here is what you should have done at this point:
- The URL of your Blogger blog should be posted to the class blog. This blog should include in its header a description of what your channel is. All posts must be appropriate for that channel.
- A 300×300 pixel mug of yourself. This image should be posted to the class ftp server.
- One screen shot, photos or graphic images representing each of your three episodes should be done. These three (or more) images should be posted to the class ftp server. These images should not exceed 400 pixels wide.
- You should have all three audio and/or video projects done, with photos/screen shots/graphic images linking to them. These graphics files should be uploaded to the class ftp server and must be on your Blogger blog.
- An RSS feed should be done (recommended procedure is via FeedBurner) and posted to the class blog.
- All work on this project should be completed no later than Sunday, May 20.
This section of the book is called “The Big Picture.” Within this section, in the chapter entitled, “Emerging Technology,” the authors write about some developments that were occurring or gaining popularity as they wrote the book (and are still developing today).
One of these things is RSS. I don’t even think I knew what RSS was before I took this class. Now, I’m just starting to subscribe to blogs’ RSS feeds. However, blogs aren’t the only websites with RSS feeds. The authors wrote, “Almost any content page on the Web can be RSS-enabled, and more of them are doing so every day.” I hadn’t considered subscribing to the RSS feed of something like the New York Times, for instance. I was vaguely aware that a website, not necessarily a blog, could offer this kind of service. It would be useful to know when a page has been updated, thanks to RSS feeds, without having to directly check the website.
The authors also mentioned podcasting. I only recently downloaded iTunes and started subscribing to a few podcasts, one of which I got through the iTunes store. Meanwhile, vlogging was a new term for me when I started taking this class. Writing in a blog was doable, but when it came to making and editing videos, that was foreign to me. However, in this class, I’ve had to make videos and create my own vlog. Who knows what the future holds, regarding myself and also the emerging technology?
I’ve reached the end of Naked Conversations, and this class is winding down. However, for me, I think this is just the beginning. Although I may not have always understood what was going on in class, I’m becoming more aware of concepts and aspects related to technology.