Archive for the ‘vlogging’ Category
Just because its buried several days back, here is my rss url again http://feeds.feedburner.com/therealgreek.
Here are my video blogs.
The three videos’ themes revolve around what’s important to me, which is my apartment, my bike and my storytelling skills.
A sample of what you should see
This what the final product looks like in iTunes. Here is a sample vlog. You note the “chicklet” in the top right that links to the RSS feed you created in Feedburner. Feedburner converts your vlog into a podcast. It is like a language converter. The chicklet links to your Feedburner feed and allows folks (like me) to subscribe to your vlog as a podcast. When everything works right the vlog/podcast will be able to be viewed in iTunes. Note, on the vlog, how each episode has a short description. This is important for viewers to be able to make sense of the resulting pocast in iTunes.
Here is the RSS feed of the vidcast I am proud to submit as my final project.
“Whew, cool.” See you all in class.
Final Project Wrap-up
We will be discussing the Final Project Assignment. Time lines are critical for successful completion of this project. To go over the process, I will do the whole thing, including posting the feed of the project to iTunes in this final class. Tutorials for most of this process are available at freevlog. All audio and or video formats must be iTunes compatible, as per assignment.
This will be the last chance students will get to work in the lab with my assistance before the final. Wise use of this time is advised.
Due This Day:
There are no deliverables due this day. But at this point you should just be wrapping up this project. To be sure your project is appropriate check the Final Project Assignment. Here is what you should have done at this point:
- The URL of your Blogger blog should be posted to the class blog. This blog should include in its header a description of what your channel is. All posts must be appropriate for that channel.
- A 300×300 pixel mug of yourself. This image should be posted to the class ftp server.
- One screen shot, photos or graphic images representing each of your three episodes should be done. These three (or more) images should be posted to the class ftp server. These images should not exceed 400 pixels wide.
- You should have all three audio and/or video projects done, with photos/screen shots/graphic images linking to them. These graphics files should be uploaded to the class ftp server and must be on your Blogger blog.
- An RSS feed should be done (recommended procedure is via FeedBurner) and posted to the class blog.
- All work on this project should be completed no later than Sunday, May 20.
Ryanne Hodson and Jay Dedman at SJSU
On April 25, 2007 Hodson and Dedman came to SJSU. They spoke to Professor Cynthia McCune’s Journalism 163 class about videoblogging. Devon Thames, from our class, was there and she shot a video of their presentation. It is being made available here in multiple parts. Here is part one of their presentation.
Discussion: The Long Tail
Important terms for this conversation:
- Disintermediation: “Cutting out the middleman.”
- The Long Tail: “Products that are in low demand or have low sales volume can collectively make up a market share that rivals or exceeds the relatively few current bestsellers and blockbusters.”
Topics of conversation:
- Amazon and the death of the corner bookstore
- iTunes and the death of the music store business
- Craigs List and the death of classified revenue.
Related Commercial Moment
“We have every movie ever made, in every language, any time, night or day,”
“Qwest – Bandwidth – Roy’s Motel Cafe (1999)”.
Places to Go, People to Know:
- The Long Tail Dot Com
- About The Long Tail
- The Long Tail Wired Story
- The Long Tail Book
- Chris Anderson: Wikipedia, Biography
There will be more demo tutorials and we will be discussing the Final Project Assignment
Presentation on getting an RSS feed
I will be doing a demo presentation on getting an RSS Feed using FeedBurner.
Students will get their own FeedBurner Feeds specific to final. This feed needs to be posted to the class blog. The balance of the class will be devoted to accomplishing these tasks.
Due This Day:
Put a picture of yourself on your server space
This picture needs to be 300 pixels x 300 pixels. If you were unable to get this posted, bring it to class and we will post it in class!
Blog Post about Your Final Project
This isour first media entry on your Blogger Blog. A link to it should also be on your class blog. This also requires a photo to be posted on your blogger blog for the link to your post, no wider than 375 pixels. If you were unable to get this posted, bring it to class and we will post it in class!
Blog Post about Reading Assignment
Up through page 237 (the end) of Naked Conversations by Scoble and Israel.